Climate Controlled Units
by controlling the climate in which they’re stored
Climate Controlled Units Offers The Best Protection For Self Storage
Controlling Mold and Mildew
Controlling mold and mildew requires the right temperature and humidity levels, within a narrow tolerance, with very little fluctuation. Though temperature is important, relative humidity is often critical.
Making the right choice between climate controlled units and traditional ones is as simple as asking one of our storage experts. Our team has years of experience in storing thousands of different items.
Our Climate Controlled Units
7 Reasons To Select
A Climate Controlled Storage Unit
How To Maximize Your
Climate Controlled Storage Unit
What exactly is humidity? Humidity refers to the amount of water vapor in the air.
Excess humidity causes problems. It causes items to swell as humidity increases and shrink as it decreases. This can result in cracking. Mold and mildew thrive as humidity increases. Its greatest impact is upon wood, clothing, books, electrical components, computers and other delicate items such as fabric and leather.
Where you store things can make all the difference. People don’t realize that certain locations in their home are more prone to higher levels of humidity than others. Often the attic, garage and basement have the highest humidity levels, particularly in summer months. So, if you’re keeping your items at home, consider investing in a humidifier or dehumidifier, depending upon the conditions of the room
Temperature extremes can play havoc on your belongings. Items expand in hot weather and contract in the cold. The swelling and shrinking can cause cracking, ruin finishes and ruin paper, fabric and other delicate items.
Pest problems also increase as temperatures and humidity rise.
- Extreme temperatures (hot or cold) often cause cracking, tearing, breakage and warping of wood from expansion and contraction of the material
- Fabrics tend to degrade in extreme temperatures
- Paper tends to yellow when exposed to extreme temperatures.
- Hot weather and the associated humidity cause mold and mildew to appear on paper and fabric.
- Extreme temperatures and increased moisture can cause rust and corrosion and
- Dampness, moisture and cold can create havoc for electronics.
- Photos, vinyl record and other items can warp, fade or degrade
- Pests are more common in higher temperatures causing damage to furniture and fabric
- Climate controlled self storage units near me in Tarrytown are temperature controlled throughout the year, meaning they are cooled in the summer and heated in the winter. Moderating the temperature this way helps protect valuables from extreme fluctuations in temperature that have been known damage wood furniture, electronics, plastic, cosmetics, clothing and all sorts of household items. In cold winter climates, heated storage spaces help protect your stored items from the effects of even the coldest temperatures. Traditional storage units are our most popular choice for storage. Suitable for the types of items you would be comfortable storing in a typical household garage.
- For storing items not susceptible to heat or cold temperature fluctuations.
- Many traditional storage units provide the convenience of drive-up access
Our Team Is Standing By Ready To Assist You